- Due to Covid-19 outbreak, we will open for emergencies and urgent dental treatment for our patients on record by appointment. We are screening all patients entering our office for cough, fever, & recent sick contacts and are cancelling non-urgent procedures including hygiene appointments till 5/18/20. Thank you for your understanding. (3/16/2020)
Welcome to our practice. Dr. Ma and our friendly staff are committed in providing best quality of care in Restorative and Prosthetic Dentistry. We work closely together as one team, helping each other to achieve the very best treatment for our patients.
What is a prosthodontist?
Prosthodontists are the recognized experts when anything needs to be replaced in your mouth. This can range from a single tooth, multiple teeth, or all teeth and gums in the mouth. A prosthodontist is a dental specialist in the restoration and replacement of teeth who have completed dental school plus three additional years of advanced training and education in an American Dental Association (ADA)-accredited prosthodontic graduate program. The training includes reviews of the literature, lectures, treatment of patients and laboratory experience in fabricating restorations. While many other dentists can do some or all of these treatments, prosthodontists are the specialists dedicated to this type of care.
Prosthodontists are also considered the “quarterback” of a dental treatment plan. They regularly work with a team of specialists, such as Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist, and Orthodontist, to develop solutions for your dental needs.
Prosthodontists are expertly trained in each of the following clinical conditions:
Missing tooth/teeth replacement
- Complete dentures
- Removable partial dentures
- Implant dentures
- Full mouth reconstruction
- Crowns and bridges on natural teeth and implants
- Tooth whitening
- Special needs of geriatric patients
- Children born with cleft palate or missing teeth
- Temporomandibular joint disorder
- Traumatic injuries
- Snoring and sleep disorders
- Maxillofacial prosthetic procedures such as oral cancer reconstruction and continuing care